lunes, 30 de octubre de 2017

Post 6: My favorite festivity

All my life, Christmas has been the festivity most important in my family, I'm gonna describe all the rite that we do for this date, but first I'm gonna explain the purpose of this festivity.

Christmas is celebrated each 25th December around the world and it is a commemoration the birth of Jesus Christ. The church selected that date because it is the same date that Romans use to praise the Sun god, although everybody thinks that it is for the birth of Jesus Christ. 

In spite of be a religious ceremony, the legendary figure of this date is Santa Claus, although his history comes from the religion with Saint Nicholas, "Santa" there has been so many stories about his life. He is the figure associated with the gifts and the winter's decoration from this festivity, because he lives in North Pole with his reindeer and the gnomes who make the gifts for the kids.

In my family we make the Christmas tree on 15th. November to keep the decoration for a long time and we like to listen to the Christmas's music and eat while we decorate the house. On the Christmas day we go to some park near the house to wait for the coming of "Santa" and then we open the gifts and we go out again so that the kids can play with the new toys.

Independently from the presents, I love this festivity because all my family get together and we share beautiful moments, each Christmas is different, everything has so many magic and love and it is a date that makes me happy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario